Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Australian Federal Police refuse to investigate a crime








UPDATE 25 JAN 2012 -EXPENDABLE THE MOVIE RELEASED, EXPOSING GOVERNMENT CORRUPTION AND COMPLICITY IN THE JAILING OF AN INNOCENT WOMAN


This post continues on from this one, which was last updated on Wednesday 10th March 2010 (scroll down to the bottom of it).

I finally rang Fran back to-day (Thursday 18th March 2010), she's Tim Morris's personal assistant, because I hadn't had a chance to do so beforehand. Despite the urgency and importance of these matters, and despite the fact Fran had my full contact details, she did not (at any time), call me back within those eight days.

When I first rang and asked for Tim Morris, the switchboard asked who I was. I told them without hesitation. They left me on hold for about 40 seconds, then came back and told me Tim was "Not available." I then asked if they could find out when Tim would be available. I was then put on hold for another few seconds, before they put me through to Fran.


I told Fran I was trying to report a criminal matter to the Australian Federal Police, a criminal matter for which they are responsible, e.g. the export of $40,000 worth of marijuana from this country, from an Australian airport, in 2004.

Fran told me that Tim Morris was no longer responsible for these issues, and tried to refer me through to the AFP's Professional Standards Unit. I told Fran that while this may well (eventually), be a matter for their Professional Standards Unit, in the meantime I was trying to report a very serious crime. It took a while to get this point across, but I think I was successful in the end.

I also told Fran that I had originally reported this to AFP agents Craig Jacks and Patrick Law in Queensland, who told me they had referred these matters on to the Intelligence Department, and Patrick Law also told me that Tim Morris was in charge of this department. Hence my reason for wanting to speak to Tim Morris. I guess both Craig Jacks and Patrick Law need some serious re-education if this is no longer Tim Morris's responsibility.

Fran then told me that Close Operations Support would be responsible for investigating this type of criminal issue, and when I asked Fran if exporting $40,000 worth of marijuana from this country, via an Australian airport, was a "Criminal matter" for which the Federal Police are responsible, she replied "I guess it is."

Anyway, Fran told me that the department within Close Operations Support that I needed was called the "AOC," otherwise known as the Operations Co-ordination Centre. She told me that a Fiona Drennan (page 32), was in charge of this section.

So onwards and upwards. I rang the Operations Co-ordination Centre, and asked to speak to Fiona Drennan. Glenda (who took my call), said that Fiona was on the phone, and couldn't speak to me, but offered to put me through to an officer who would be able to deal with my concerns. I said that would be fine, and she put me through to Federal Agent John Kooyman.

I told John that I wanted to report a Federal crime, the export of $40,000 worth of marijuana from an Australian airport, and I believed (on good authority), that this type of investigation was the responsibility of the AFP. I also explained that I had first reported this crime to Federal agents Craig Jacks and Patrick Law in Queensland, who had referred me to Tim Morris's department, who had (in turn), referred me on to the Operations Co-ordination Centre, hence my reason for speaking to him.

John Kooyman told me that both Patrick Law and Craig Jacks were heavily involved in the initial inquires, vis a vis the Schapelle Corby investigations. This left me a little puzzled, because when I asked Craig Jacks (directly), Thursday 4th March 2010 (scroll down), why every frame of potentially helpful Australian CCTV had disappeared from three formal crime scenes/airport terminals (relating to the export of $40,000 worth of marijuana), Craig directly contradicted me, then put me on hold without warning, and referred me through to his supervisor, Patrick Law. When I asked Patrick Law the same question, his first response was "No idea," followed by "No comment." Rather bizarre, considering these same agents were heavily involved in the initial investigations.

Anyway, I then tried to get on with the job of reporting a Federal crime to AFP agent John Kooyman. He refused to take my complaint. Here are some direct quotes:

"I'm not writing these points down."

"I'm just about to hang up on you."

"You are wasting valuable time."

"You have no proof of anything,"

"No point sending it to me" (in relation to my offer to email him crucial information)

John kept insisting I had to speak to the Professional Standards Department, while I was trying to tell him that, while that may (eventually), be necessary, in the meantime, there was a Federal crime that needed to be investigated, e.g. the export of $40,000 worth of marijuana from an Australian airport. Surely to goodness, we can't leave Australian criminals at large, and un-investigated?

No use. John hung up on me.

I then rang the Operations Co-ordination Centre again, and asked to speak to Fiona Drennan (who is in charge of that department). The switchboard asked who was calling. I told them without hesitation. Next thing I knew, I was listening to a recording from the Professional Standards Department, so I put down the phone and called again. I explained that I didn't need the Professional Standards Department, I was trying to report a Federal crime, and that (very possibly), real Australian criminals were still at large, while this matter remained ignored.

I was then told that they had specific instructions not to put me through to Fiona Drennan's department. So then, I asked the switchboard to relay a message for me, and they said they would. I said that I would be posting a blog, and telling the World that the AFP is refusing to investigate a Federal crime. If Fiona Drennan has any problems with that, she knows where to find me, to correct the public record. I'll do it immediately, once the AFP takes down the crucial information I was trying to pass on John Kooyman, and investigates these legitimate criminal concerns.

Important update on the above HERE