Monday, March 29, 2010

Crime Report to Tony Negus, Chief of the Australian Federal Police

Goodmorning Tony, I'm now reporting a Federal crime directly to you, because no-one else in your organisation will take the complaint from me.

As of Tuesday 30th March 2010, I'm formally reporting the export of around $40,000 worth of marijuana from this country, to Bali, on Friday October 8th 2004. It was found in the bag of a Ms. Schapelle Corby when she arrived in Bali, after flying via Brisbane Domestic airport, Sydney domestic and Sydney international. Inexplicably, this crime was not investigated by your organisation at the time, so it now needs to be investigated as a matter of urgency. "Export" of illegal drugs from this country is a Federal crime, for which your organisation is responsible. There is now good evidence to suggest that corrupt insiders, who were running a major drugs operation from Sydney Airport the very hour Schapelle flew (same terminal even), were responsible for inadvertently leaving these drugs in Schapelle's bag.

I am forced to take this complaint directly to you, because I did (originally), report this Federal crime to Agents Craig Jacks and Patrick Law in Brisbane. They took down the details, and told me they had put in formal report. I asked where this report would be dealt with. I was told (by Patrick Law), that it was now in the hands of Tim Morris's department. When I rang Mr. Morris's department, Fran (his PA), told me it was nothing to do with him, and referred me to Fiona Drennan's department (AOCC). When I tried to speak to Fiona Drennan, I was told she was on the phone, and referred through to Agent John Kooyam. Agent John Kooyam refused to take any details from me, and hung up. When I phoned back to speak to Fiona Drennan (his boss), she refused to take my call. I then complained to Roman Quaedvlieg who is (I believe), in overall charge of Fiona Drennan and John Kooyam.

I sent Roman an extensive personal email about the situation. When I rang Roman, quite a few days after sending him this email, he refused to take my call, and directed me through to the Winchester Call Centre (in Canberra). The Winchester Call Centre did take my crime complaint, and allocated it a formal "Crime" number, but they rang me back this morning. Seems Roman didn't have a clue what he was doing, because the Winchester Call Centre (they told me this morning), only deals with "Canberra crime." Thus my crime complaint had to be "Deleted" from their system. They did not offer to forward it as appropriate.

When I rang the AFP back this morning and asked to speak directly to you, they said you "Don't take calls from the public." I told the switchboard operator to please go through to your office, and tell them it was me calling, because you would recognise the name immediately. You obviously did, because (without any warning), I found I was speaking to the Professional Standards department. I thanked the Professional Standards department, but told them I didn't need them at this stage, because I was trying to report a Federal crime. I then rang back, and asked to speak to you again. You refused to take my call, however, you have an email address, and if you won't take my formal crime complaint over the phone, you can now have it in writing - along with the rest of the World. Here it is Tony. Now damn well do your job.

There are many disturbing aspects to the Schapelle Corby case, and I also strongly suggest you bring in some type of internal investigator (vis a vis police corruption).

From the outset, it should have been apparent to any reasonable law enforcement agency that two crimes had also been committed in this country, e.g. export and supply. That amount of marijuana doesn't just hang around on street corners, there was obviously a significant supplier involved. I believe the non-investigation of this supplier points to significant police corruption at the time.

From the very beginning, all involved law enforcement agencies in this country should have been co-operating with the Indonesian police to solve the two crimes that had been committed here. This should not have been too hard. I believe there very cordial links, including training and exchange with Australia. General Pastika is even a personal friend of ex-AFP Chief Mick Keelty.

Schapelle's luggage should have been weighed at Bali Airport. This would have determined whether or not the drugs were placed in her luggage BEFORE check-in at Brisbane Airport, or AFTER check-in. The complete failure of the Indonesian Police to do this (see Sat March 5 2005), and the complete failure of the Australian Police to advocate for (and co-operate with), the Indonesian Police on this absolutely basic point is breath taking. The same goes for the complete failure to test the haul for finger prints and DNA (see Sat March 5 2005), because without question, this should have been a joint Australian/Indonesian investigation. Obviously, if Schapelle's finger prints and DNA were present within the bag containing the drugs, it would have very firmly pointed to her guilt. On the other hand, if Schapelle wasn't involved, this crucial physical evidence would (very likely), have nabbed career criminals within Australia. Further still, Schapelle begged for this testing, only to be met with a wall of lies (on this crucial point), from the highest levels. This crucial evidence was then burnt, without a shred of protest from the Australian police (see Tues 12 Oct 2004).

Obviously, the complete failure of all police forces to carry out these two very basic investigations (luggage weight and fingerprints/DNA), would have strongly protected any corrupt insiders, and prevented their detection.

It's also absolutely basic that the place where Schapelle packed her bags should have been investigated and searched by police, as well as the place she slept the night before she flew. I believe neither of these investigations were carried out by the Queensland Police (see page 22 of Tony Wilson's book). Further still, Schapelle's banking and phone records should have been thoroughly investigated. If they were not investigated, I regard this as a gross dereliction of normal police process, and if they were investigated (and came up clean), this is crucial evidence that should have been made public at her trial. It was not.

Further still, Brisbane Domestic Terminal, Sydney Domestic Terminal and Sydney International Airport were all official crime scenes relating to the supply and export of $40,000 worth of marijuana. All relevant CCTV should have been preserved immediately. Every single frame disappeared without trace, and this was also while another major crime sting was underway at Sydney Airport, same hour and same terminal. I believe the police officer who was in charge of that operation (Mark Standen), is now on remand in prison, awaiting trial on a 120 million dollar drug charges.

Now time is running out, Schapelle could die any day. It's time for you to stop passing the hot potato, and do the job you're paid to do. It should have been done 6 years ago.

Regards, Kim

Note


Important update, Wednesday 31st March 2010

Rang AFP HQ this morning, and asked the switchboard to ask Tony Negus's office whether or not he has received the above. They were gone a few minutes, and then came back and confirmed he has got it.

Further note

An invitation to Senior Detective Gerry Fletcher to PLEASE go back to his real duties, and lead this vital investigation. You are absolutely the best person for this job.