Monday, June 7, 2010

Schapelle Corby & Alleged Australian Federal Police drug smugglers























UPDATE 25 JAN 2012 -EXPENDABLE THE MOVIE RELEASED, EXPOSING GOVERNMENT CORRUPTION AND COMPLICITY IN THE JAILING OF AN INNOCENT WOMAN


This is Mark Walters, current Manager of Professional Standards for the Australian Federal Police.

I guess he would have met and known one of his predecessors Ray Cooper, former Head of Operations for the AFP's Internal Investigations. Ray wasn't one to mince words, on the 8th May 2005, just 19 days before Schapelle's conviction on the 27th May 2005, he told The Sydney Morning Herald . . .

Ray Cooper, former head of operations for the AFP's internal investigations, told the Nine Network it was well known by the AFP that unwitting passengers were being used as `mules' to shift drugs between Australian domestic airports.

Article also reproduced here (click on the pic to enlarge and read)












Now Ray wasn't exactly an ordinary plod, he was "Head of Operations," and his remarks were highly explicit, and highly damning. So I guess every Australian worth their salt would assume the allegations were thoroughly investigated - especially as every frame of CCTV that Schapelle begged for, from three Australian airports, mysteriously "Vanished" at the same time. I know it's an assumption I'd make, so to-day I decided to check it out.

I rang Professional Standards at the Australian Federal Police and asked them. Pretty simple and straightforward really. I spoke to an admin officer there who was very polite and helpful (thank you). He had never heard of Ray Cooper personally, but I gave him all the necessary detail to the press article quoted and reproduced above. I asked him if these very serious and high level allegations had ever been investigated. He didn't know, so I asked to speak to someone who might know - but everyone else was "In a meeting" (funnily enough, my developing psychic abilities caught this line before it was said, I knew what was coming).

Anyway, with a bit more questioning I ascertained that Mr. Mark Walters pictured above, was head of Professional Standards, so I passed on my simple question for his attention, and gave the admin officer my contact details. Now, what's the betting I never, ever hear back from Mr. Mark Walters, and every time I call from now on, he's "In a meeting"? I'll keep you posted.

Addit - Thursday 17th June 2010, around 4.15 pm

Well, Mark Walters never did call me back, so I called him back to-day. I rang AFP HQ in Sydney, asked for him, and was put straight through. He picked up the call. I asked him if his department had ever formally investigated Ray Coopers serious investigations, mentioned above. He said he was unable to give that information, because it was subject to "Secrecy provisions."

Mark also mentioned my blog (without any prompting or reminders from me), which he appears to be fully aware of.

Anyway, as I said to Mark, if the AFP are unable and/or unwilling to tell me whether or not Ray Cooper's serious allegations were formally investigated, I guess Ray Coooper would know, wouldn't he? Mark didn't make much comment about that.