Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Schapelle Corby & Australian Federal Police Threats

















(Addit to below on Friday 3rd December 2010, here's the instant reply I got from the AFP, and here's my pithy response, demanding the hard evidence - though I wouldn't advise anyone holds their breath waiting for it, it's probably already gone into same black hole as the CCTV. And left, Mark Walters, Manager of Professional Standards at the AFP. Here's the email I've sent him).

Dear Sir/Madam,

To-day, I'm lodging a formal professional standards complaint in relation to Australian Federal Police Agent Bardwell, who to-day threatened me with forced psychiatric examination, when I called the AFP professional standards section to-day, re their lack of formal written acknowledgment, in relation to my formal complaints - the first one I was inquiring about lodged (via recorded delivery), after their email to me of the 15th November 2010, and the second lodged on the 30th November 2010.

It appears he objected to me calling "Again," and he became quite abusive and personal when I reasonably pointed out that I wouldn't HAVE to call "Again," if he simply carried out his job in a timely and professional manner, and formally acknowledged written complaints (or at least told me when I could expect a formal reply). I don't think that's a particularly high or onerous standard for a body that's in receipt of my tax dollars.

So I will call to ensure this complaint has been received too, and attempt to get a rough estimate of when I can expect a formal acknowledgment.

And one last point? My lay judgement of the Australian Federal Police (re their glaring failures in the Schapelle Corby case, and general poor performance), is also shared by multiple policing experts through out the world (USA & UK) - and the only people who need to see a "Psychiatrist" (for terminal arrogance), are the AFP officers who complacently thought they could get away with their negligence forever.

Regards, Kim