Click on the picture to read a letter personally signed by Brendan O'Connor, dated 2nd March 2011. Here's the reply: (PS rang Brendan's office around 9am on Tuesday 8th March 2011, to confirm he received the below, he did)
Thank you for your letter, it's history in the making. You do realise that, don't you? You've finally taken some personal action which clearly puts in you in frame, and spotlights one of two possibilities - you're either deeply corrupt, or deeply stupid. Though I guess the World will be the judge of that.
It's only taken you 9 months to reply, and you've not answered my question . . . is there any way I can spell it more simply for you, to aid your comprehension? Here it is again . . .
"Please explain why these crime scenes were not immediately preserved and secured, including every frame of CCTV relating to Schapelle and/or her luggage? Please explain why all this vital footage, from THREE airports, simultaneously "Vanished," when without question, it was formal forensic evidence, that should have been treated with the utmost respect, skill and expertise."
And for the record, here's some other issues, directly pertinent to that completely ignored question, that have been thoroughly "Addressed in various publicly available documents" (as you put it). Perhaps the only way they'll gain your attention is lit in a bonfire beneath your Parliamentary chair . . .
- The QANTAS baggage handlers that dealt with Schapelle's bags imported over 65 million dollars worth of cocaine into Australia between June and December 2004. Not one of them was ever arrested or charged.
- The QANTAS baggage handlers that dealt with Schapelle's bags (same day, same hour), used an innocent passenger flying in from South America as drug mule.
- One of these baggage handlers was an Easton Barrington James. He had an extensive criminal history.
- Another was "Tom," a career criminal, engaged in serious crime on the day Schapelle flew - who was given $800,000 by the Australian Government, allowed to keep three quarters of a million dollars of criminal earnings and was never charged. He also had a history of bribing corrupt police, and a history of trafficking in marijuana (as well as many other drugs).
- These career criminals were under formal police surveillance on the day Schapelle flew.
- The very senior police officer in charge of that "Surveillance," Mark Standen, is now facing very serious criminal charges.
- Marijuana is not smuggled from Australia to Indonesia (ever), and you're trying to tell me the Australian Police weren't responsible for preserving the Australian Airport CCTV (to see what the hell was going on), when known criminals (the baggage handlers), were already formal police surveillance and engaged in major crime during the exact hour she flew?
- There was a clearly documented history of internal, domestic drug smuggling, using innocent airline passenger as unsuspecting mules.
- Senator Ellison also publicly said all the airport CCTV cameras were working perfectly the day Schapelle flew.
So please get back to me again Brendan (soon I hope), as you've taken 9 months to state the obvious. The whole World and their dog knows the CCTV footage was not preserved - the 65 million dollar question is why is wasn't preserved, in the light of the above. That's a formal question, and I expect a formal response. If I've heard nothing in four weeks, I'll send you a formal reminder (blogged), and another formal reminder (blogged), every four weeks after that until I do.