Friday, April 8, 2011

Schapelle Corby - A Letter to Australian Federal Police Officer Gerry Fletcher


























Dear Gerry,

Just a note to keep you informed.

As you know, Mark Standen was in charge of Operation Mocha, and involved in formal surveillance (p 42), of the Sydney Airport Qantas baggage handlers on the day (and at time), Schapelle departed Australia. Despite this, he failed to preserve the cctv relating to more than one career criminal working for Qantas (a very simple and basic expedient), even though he later went to exotic and bizarre lengths (police methods later ruled unlawful), in that same investigation.

Anyway Gerry, just to let you know that despite your ordeal at the hands of Standen, the NSW Police Integrity Commission has recently blatantly refused to investigate just who leaked vital police intelligence (about Operation Mocha), to criminals, even though I formally asked them to do this (q 8), in February 2011. I did (however), send them some questions about the basis of their strange decision a few days ago, and I look forward to their reply. If I've heard nothing back in around four weeks, I'll send them a public reminder.

Further, I've just put in a formal complaint to ACLEI about this debacle, and I'll keep you up to date as I hear.

All the best, Kim

PS - I'm sure you'll get a lengthy and honourable mention in the book.