Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Schapelle Corby Would Have Got Less for a Terrorism & Murder - Some Questions For Kevin Rudd (scroll down)










































Dear Kevin and Greg,

I look forward to an answer to my questions about convicted drug criminal/Bali Prison boss Mohammad Sudrajat in due course, but in the meantime, I do have some other inquiries about Indonesian justice you may be able to help me with, because I'm a bit confused.

Now, when the book is published, I'm sure this slide show of graphic statistics from The Crisis Group, re how Indonesia dishes out justice to murderers and terrorists will be included because it makes very interesting reading. I counted 138 convictions within the first six pages. There were 5 executions and 11 life sentences - but out of the remaining 122 violent criminals, the mean average sentence was a mere 8.59 years, which included only 5 sentences of 20 years. So I guess that means Schapelle's worse than 117 violent terrorists, including two men who beheaded three children on their way to school? Could you please clarify this sentencing logic for me please, as I'm not an expert. Your assistance would be very much appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you, and I'll send a reminder in four weeks if I've heard nothing in the interim.

Very best wishes, Kim