Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Schapelle Corby, Pachamama Celebrations & Girlfriends . . .






















Monday 1 August 2011 was Pachamama's Day and I celebrated the event in Brisbane with my long time friend from Chile, and a large crowd of girlfriends (and their partners), who I've known for years. We meet quite regularly over good food and wine, and (as well as chatting about many other subjects), I mentioned I'd spoken to Julia Gillard's government about the gross corruption surrounding Schapelle's conviction. They were extremely unimpressed with the 200 kilos of cocaine that walked out of Sydney Airport all by itself, after the blatant use of innocent passengers as drug mules - and even more disgusted by criminal Qantas baggage handlers who get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars (by the Australian Government), when they threaten to blow the whistle on corrupt police.

Anyway, we always exchange presents at Christmas, birthdays and some other celebrations - so I'm ordering quite a few copies of Schapelle's book for my circle (great value at only $13.83), and I'll choose various Free Schapelle Designs to create unique T shirts for them, or other items such as tote bags, mouse mats etc (to accompany the book).

And one other thing? My friends said it's well past time for Julia to do the right thing and place the blame fairly and squarely on the scroats in the Howard Government . . . before the proverbial hits the fan . . .