UPDATE 25 JAN 2012 -EXPENDABLE THE MOVIE RELEASED, EXPOSING GOVERNMENT CORRUPTION AND COMPLICITY IN THE JAILING OF AN INNOCENT WOMAN
. . . deliberately appointed to bring down pre-determined findings? I very much hope not, although The Kangaroo Court of Australia sets out a very detailed case in support of that opinion. However, despite that, here is my formal submission to Justice Finkelstein. For the sake of Australia's international reputation, I hope it doesn't fall on deaf ears . . . and I also hope he accesses all the embedded links, as they are part of the evidence I'm providing . . .
Dear Justice Finkelstein (cc Guardian journalist Nick Davies),
I am sure you have heard of the Lindy Chamberlain case, and the bizarre fabrications printed by the Australian media to demonstrate her "Guilt." This was very recently discussed at length by The Guardian newspaper UK - also the employer of journalist Nick Davies, and I'm sure you are aware of his achievements, vis a vis media wrong-doing.
I am writing to you now because the Australian print media is now engaged in another vicious witch hunt, in regard to Australian Schapelle Corby. Lindy Chamberlain's ex-husband Michael Chamberlain recently said the lies were part of a campaign to protect the Northern Territory tourist industry, as baby-eating dingoes aren't good for business. In a similar vein, I guess drug smuggling Qantas baggage handlers aren't good for our national airline - and an innocent Australian incarcerated in an Indonesian hell-hole isn't good for massive Australian investments in that country.
Recently, there was wide spread reporting of claims that Schapelle's Father supplied the drugs found in her bag, in Bali. This reporting was patently absurd, for reasons not a single news outlet in Australia chose to disclose . . .
1. Australian Customs confirm there is NO commercial flow of marijuana FROM Australia, TO Bali, and there never has been.
2. Early press reports confirm there is NO commercial flow of marijuana FROM Australia, TO Bali, and there never has been.
3. Official data from the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime exposes the gross lies of the principal informant, including the economic impossibility of smuggling marijuana FROM Australia, TO Bali.
4. Both the South Australian Police and the Queensland Police have formally denied the claims of the principal informant.
5. Schapelle's father had a clean background.
However, when I formally complained about this gross lack of balance to the Australian Press Council, my concerns were dismissed out of hand.
I am also concerned that the Australian print media is now consistently refusing to report major (and very serious), facets of Schapelle's case, as just detailed in my multiple Freedom of Information applications (scroll down to " . . . and here's confronting the lies of omission").
I very much look forward to your considered response to this extremely serious issue - or are we to assume that in over thirty years, nothing has changed?