Update 18 April 2012 - Here's the actual poster on display
As we found with Craig Emerson's electorate office, most pollies are located at or near busy shopping areas - so it's time to stake a few of them out, and it couldn't be simpler.
All you need is:
- One, large (professionally produced), laminated election poster - here's a ready pdf file for your use.
- Double sided sticky tape, to temporarily fix it to the front of their shop window.
- Some printed T Shirts with a logo like this.
- Some portable, light-weight camping chairs.
- Flyers to hand out out (printed in fast draft, black & white for speed & economy), and maybe some burnt DVD's.
- A camera to record the action.
And away you go . . . to top it off, some pollies are located near commuter rail stations, so as you pack up and wave them goodbye around 5pm, you can let their office know you're off to spread the message to the locals coming home from work.
And if they ask you to leave? Simple, tell them you'll be packing up around 4.30pm/5pm anyway - but if they want to call the police, you'll be more than happy to peacefully pack up and go as soon as they arrive, just after you've formally reported this crime to them.