I note you created something of a Twitter storm to-day when you called Rupert Murdoch on his obvious and gross hypocrisy. However, governing the country takes more than pithy words on a micro-blogging service, even if they're right - and even if Rupert Murdoch is a venal scumbag, with a long history of covering up corruption.
So if your Government is elected, do you commit to . . .
- Mandating an inquiry into allegations of serious Australian media crime, on par with anything examined by the UK's Leveson Inquiry? (I note you're the Shadow Minister for Communications)
- Ensuring serious complaints to the Australian Press Council are not ignored for weeks? (No response from The Sydney Morning Herald at all, as yet).
- Mandating an inquiry into the non-arrest and non-charging of seriously criminal airport workers, before these graphic half page ads go in the local press, in key seats? And before book covers like this are seen on shelves all over the World?
- Mandating an inquiry into the $1.6 million of public money one of them received, after he kept quiet about corrupt police?
- Mandating an inquiry into all the serious airport thefts reported by Senior Australian Protective Services Officer Gary Lee Rogers, before he ended up dead? (Investigations have shown there were none)
- Mandating an inquiry into the witch hunt against Senior Customs Officer Allan Kessing?
- Mandating an inquiry into the information exposed by the minutes of this 17th October NSW Crime Commission Meeting, proving Schapelle's innocence?
- Formally protesting to the Indonesian Government re their gross discrimination and prejudice against an Australian citizen?