Saturday, November 2, 2013

Schapelle Corby - Another formal Freedom of Information request to The Australian Commission for Law Enforcement Integrity, re a complaint about the QANTAS Airways baggage handlers who imported 200 kilos of cocaine without arrest or charge


















(Post below also widely shared on Facebook HERE)

Dear Phillip,

RE: A SECOND FOI application to ACLEI re the matter described below

QANTAS Airways baggage handlers imported 200 kilos of cocaine into the country in 2004, using unwitting passengers as innocent drug mules - as blatantly confirmed in this 2009 Australian Federal Police Report to the Australian Senate (page 8, point 3.1).  Despite this very serious crime they were never arrested or charged.  By any measure of normality, that's a very bizarre and unsatisfactory outcome.

So on the 19th of June 2013 (over four and a half months ago now), I lodged a formal corruption complaint with your organisation about this - which you acknowledged.

But when I lodged a Freedom of Information request with your organisation two months later, on 19 August 2013 (re my complaint), the reply I got showed your outfit had done no investigations.

So I wrote to you (again), shortly after that reply, on 1 September 2013 (two months ago), expressing my dismay about this - and promised to lodge a further FOI application with you in due course.  So here it is.

Could you please provide me with all internal documents generated by ACLEI as a result of my 19 June 2013 complaint to your organisation (obviously I do NOT need copies of my own correspondence).  And if I get the same result as last time, e.g. a big fat zero, I'll continue lodging FOI applications with your organisations every two months, until I get a result - e.g. evidence you've instigated an investigation, or a formal letter from your organisation telling me (and the rest of the World), you intend to do nothing.

Meanwhile, I would remind you Schapelle's book has sold hundreds of thousands of copies (now translated into six languages) - and the latest edition is currently on the shelves with an additional chapter about The Expendable Project.

Also this key Facebook post was shared 102 times, and this further graphic message was shared 89 times - plus the #qantascrims are exposed to the entire World on Twitter, everyday. Here's just one example of the outraged feedback - there are many more.

Regards, Kim